Thursday, December 07, 2006

Birthday Blues

So you are all now scratching your heads thinking didn’t this nut bag just have a birthday? Well yes I did, and thank you for remembering LOL. My blues are because I realized today as my oldest turned 14, yes I am an amazingly beautiful and warm hearted woman for having a teenager….NOT…but none the less I do have one, and OMG where did the ATTITUDE come from? You know the one that is a cross between imposition, guilt, and just sheer crap? Yeah, you all know which one I mean…LOL

Anyway I feel old, I feel sad, and I just feel over all yucky. I mean Shayne has been at every birthday since birth on up for our kids, and this year well he isn’t here, not that he can help it of course but he still isn’t here. I have put on a HAPPY face to make my kids special day a decent one. I mean I can’t fix what he wants too….yep he wants his dad home too LOL…but since I can’t fix that I will just smile lots and laugh even if it kills me.

We did have a good day. We got dinner at Checkers, and had a FANTASTIC chocolate cake. Shayne called before it got too late. And talked to Osten and me (of course LOL) so Osten felt really special. It wasn’t much but enough for them to exchange the common banter they usually exchange. We shared all the extra cake as Saturday is the 90 days in party so we had to ELIMINATE the cake we had left LOL. Then to top it off, my #3 son Seth turns 4 NEXT week-end so that means….yep you got it ANOTHER birthday cake…LOL so we’ll be having a party on Saturday for the girls, and myself to drink, eat, and be merry (well as much as I can be w/o hubby).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MMMmmmm....Checkers! We don't have those up here in WA but my mom does down south and that's the only place she likes to drive thru - SOOOO yummy. I hope the kids all know what a great mom they have today, esp since you're the reason they have a birthday to begin with! Take care! Hugs - Tish