Wednesday, December 13, 2006

3 Months In



OMG we are 90 days in…the ½ way point. Who knew I could actually raise 4 kids w/o my partner and soul mate to help me. I have managed to pay the bills on time, get them all taken care of daily, keep the house picked up…well relatively picked up, and spend a couple dollars (well a couple thousand dollars too many LOL). But I have done it. I know today as I sit here and type this, I am a stronger woman, mother, and wife.

Shayne called and the first words out of his mouth were “I want to read my owners manual when I get home.” I’m like what the heck are you talking about. And in true, honest to goodness form of my honorable husband said “whatever you said last night fixed it.” OMG what an absolute genuinely amazing thing to hear. I said something to help my husband get through a bad moment in this deployment. You know for a wife, especially a stay at home mom, our job is to HELP our family, and this deployment has usurped much of that feeling of satisfaction because I couldn't help my husband. However last night I realized the true meaning behind the adage of “words can help or hurt so choose them wisely.” I am two thousand miles away and helped my husband to the point that he said THANK YOU. I mean I helped him with words, only words. OMG I feel like I am on the right track, I am heading back to what I believe is me, my feelings, my hopes, my dreams. I am gonna be ok.

We had our monthly party…I can’t even believe we just ate a 3rd cake in celebration of our strength during this deployment. Holy cow, this family rocks. We are really gonna make it. I miss him more every single moment that we are apart, but the past few days I am refocused. Now as you are reading this please don’t think it all gets better at the ½ way point. I can tell you that the downhill slide isn’t a slide, its still an uphill climb. I have a long, long way to go before I get to hold him here in our house with our kids. But today, I know I’m strong enough to make it.

No comments: