Friday, February 16, 2007

Its been awhile

I have been completely unfocused, and not wanting to write at all. Many things have happened since the Super Bowl. I got more depressed the closer we got the the 30 day mark which symbolically was the 14th of February...Well Happy Valentines day huh? I thought the longer this went on, the easier it would get. Not easier in the sense that I would be happy and smiling, and well NORMAL, but easier....IT DIDN'T. I found that Shayne and I were both more and more depressed with the entire situation. The sad thing for me is that he gets over it so much quicker than I do...I mean I dwell, and continue the downward spiral, he moves on. Maybe that's what men do I don't know.

I do know that today we SHOULD BE 28 days from the end of this deployment. Official papers will be available on Monday when he goes and gets them...HOPEFULLY. Funny how they send him an email to tell him he's leaving early, but won't email the letter to say you get to go home. Who knows, I have long since stopped trying to figure the military and what they are doing LOL.

So I have a MISSION...Oh my gosh ANOTHER one LOL. But I do really, I am gonna get back on SCHEDULE today if it kills me. I want my house cleaned before the little ones lay down for naps today...And they are LAYING DOWN LOL.

My dear KD is working hard on potty training, she is so excited everyday she talks to daddy to tell him she went to the potty and she's wearing Dora underwear LOL. Seth just wants dad to drive home LOL. He did tell me he couldn't fly home because he doesn't have wings. Little does he know Shayne is my Angel and he does have wings. We also celebrated the 5 months down mark with our traditional monthly cake, and my husband bought me and AMAZING Valentines Day gift...a Queen for a day package at a local Spa. I've driven by it, and its beautiful. I however added money too it and made it a couples package for US when he comes home. I'm pretty excited.

I love my life, but I will love it a LOT more in 28 days. Thanks for always reading, and commenting gang, its nice to read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Stef I was looking at your club mom profile and found your link to this. I read you got to see your husband for a weekend! How exciting that must have been for you. I'm very excited for you that he'll be home soon. I haven't seen mine since he left in Sept. but they only get R&R if they are gone for over a year so oh well. Mine should be home by april, I hope. I've tried to email you but never get any responses so chin up you guys are almost done and you did a great job! Once he gets home and you realize you did it you'll be stronger than ever before.
Christine