Wednesday, April 15, 2009

2nd time is easier



....so far. Shayne is gone again and this time although I miss him so much, saying NO we aren't spending any more money this pay, and what are we cooking are great things I didn't say the last time.

A friend of mine said that the 2nd time is easier because the worries we had the first time, aren't the ones we have this time. This time we KNOW they love us, and we know that they miss us. I feel that inner peace she is talking about, and for that Peggie my dear friend THANK YOU...once again you have me centered and ready to take on the world.

I PROMISED myself I was gonna try new things, and be a BETTER person than I was the last time. So today I did take every extra penny in my change jar, car, purse, and then added like $60 to it and got Wii Fit. I am going to be skinny the OLD fashioned way before hubby comes home. Ya know I say OLD fashioned but what I mean is that lapband I was gonna get done, I am not doing it while he's deployed. And its not that I don't agree with it, its just that 1. I don't wanna have an elective surgery with him deployed...can you imagine the issues of OMG I died during surgery. And 2. I just want/NEED to prove to myself I can do this. I am GOING to do this. I have this MAIN goal, and lets be honest any loss will be attaining this goal, so I figure I can't fail right?

I have to tell you, Shayne isn't the verbal "I love you honey" type of guy, but you saw his Good-bye to me, and his big PDA...well last night he said "I love you." Now most of you are saying "yea so what he should." Well that's true but we have this thing where he doesn't say it all the time because if he did, I wouldn't remember when he did say it. Now that may seem stupid, but I KNOW he loves me and I have always KNOWN...but after 17 years I can tell every single time he has said those three magical words to me...and I know lots of women out there can't. So before anyone says "yeah so what he should" take a second and think...really think when was the last time your DH said "I love you" and it wasn't in response to you saying before bed or when you hang up the phone? Bet those words mean more now don't they?

Happy Wednesday gang.

No comments: