Sunday, April 19, 2009

One week


Well gang we are officially ONE week into this deployment...feels like LONGER already. I have been more POSITIVE and in CONTROL this time, but some days I feel like I'm spinning downward, so I have to grab on and take a deep breath. I LOVE being a military wife, and I WORSHIP the ground my husband walks on, but man some days I am so pissed he is gone. I want him here, doing whatever it is that he does LOL.

Ok got it out of my system and I'm ready to get moving on the day...see MOODY. Last night was the last official night we'd for sure get to talk for a bit, and although I knew it was coming, it still broke my heart. I do know he LOVES me and I do know he MISSES me, but telling myself that some days is really hard to do.

He got to meet people this time and build relationships before he gets down there, and that will help him so much. He did say he also worked it out with one of his buddies so he isn't working the midnight shift for the whole 7 months, he's gonna work daylight until his friend needs a break. That alone will help him more than the last time....life will be on a NORMAL schedule for awhile at least.

I have had my moments, but they are few and far between compared to the last time. I do feel more in control of myself and my feelings than the last time...but then I remind myself its only been a week LOL and I take another deep breath and say "its all gonna be ok...and I think I can, I think I can." Ya think as a military wife we ever say "I KNOW I can...I KNOW I can" or do we just ROLL with it no matter what? Man we are a tough group of "old broods aren't we LOL" Thanks for reading my dear friends.

No comments: