Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Candle Wax

Now I know you all are reading this because of the title but it is NOT what you think...Come on gang the husband is deployed so candle wax alone....Nope NO FUN...LOL. Anyway this blog is about my kid who seems to KNOW everything at the age of 2. Obviously a genius right....NOT. Keep reading......

So I find out hubby's deploying and get depressed. And don't buy my typical payday present (to myself) of tons of candles. Which go ALL over my house (its all about the mood for me I think lOL). Anyway, he is two weeks in and its payday so I decide that "FALL SCENTS" would be an excellent thing to BOOST my mood right? Well Cinnamon Apple all over the kitchen (yep they are RED...Know where I'm going YET...Keep reading). So the K.D. and I have a ritual every night that the candles are lit. And that is we BLOW them out together. Cheesy I know but she is 2 she enjoys it...For me heck they get blown out quicker...LOL. So light these beautiful RED candles the 1st night and we start blowing them out a few hours later (at bedtime). I get sidetracked with my 3 year old and in comes K.D. with the candle (still lit) from the kitchen table......Horror sets in but not FAST enough. She trips over the dog, wax is ZOOMING throughout my Living room (oh yeah its a rented house)...Screaming in pain begins. I scoop her up and she is COVERED in wax. Half her head of beautiful blond hair is now matted down to her face and neck in RED wax. It was in her ear and her nose. So I go next door to my neighbors to have her help me start PEELING it off and to figure out how I am gonna save her head of hair...LOL.

45 minutes later and 1/2 a bottle of Suave cream rinse and I finally got almost all of it out of her hair. Skin was still a bit RED stained in places, but she survived. Now what I failed to notice it the carpet. So after another hour of ironing and ruining wash cloths, I got all the wax up but didn't get all the red stain out (so my friend has this STUFF to get anything red based out of carpet....So ya know what I'll be doing soon don't ya...LOL).

Anyway the moral of this story is what? Well I guess that as a mother of 4 I thought I had done it and seen all that 2 yr olds can do, but they NEVER cease to keep doing something NEW and SHOCKING now do they? Also a house with kids should NEVER purchase RED CANDLES or RED JUICE...just a helpful hint for everyone.

2 comments:

Amber said...

My my my. What are you doing with that kid. Candle wax and looks drugged out. LOL. I guess when the daddy is away the kids and mom will play.

Chaos Mommy said...

OMGoodness!!! That poor little girl! tsk tsk... what's daddy going to think?! JK!
We had a similar incident in a rented house although it was a white candle. Either way, wax never comes out of a carpet and yep, we were charged for it! And it hurts just the same, too, my 2 year old was screaming bloody murder! Not my fault he learned how to climb!