Thursday, September 28, 2006

Romantic love or True Love?

My mother-in-law once told me that very few people were lucky enough to have ROMANTIC and TRUE love in their lives, and I believe that to be true. I mean now don’t get me wrong I have friends that have both, but in all honesty I know that I have TRUE love. Shayne and I aren’t big PDA all touchy, feely type people. But I do know when he looks at me that he loves me. Sometimes I get jealous/envious of those people I know that have all the ROMANCE but today I had a THINKING session

As I headed to a doctors appointment by myself (no kids….it was very quiet), I had time to think. I thought about the past 14 years with my husband. He is an AMAZING man, I truly do love him with my whole heart and soul. I can not imagine my life without him. I guess for me that this deployment forced me to look at us and our life. And my fear isn’t so much the danger that he is in (although I know it is dangerous where he is)….it is how WE are gonna change. I mean I love us, and how we are, but its inevitable that we be different people, that our kids be different people. So will it be better or worse? That’s a big question , and a huge fear. I know that the Navy and deploying to fight for our country was very important to Shayne. It has been as long as I have known him. And there was no question as to whether I would support this WANT/NEED he had to do this, because I LOVE him and would never NOT support him. But some days when I am sitting here alone, I wished he didn’t feel this need. But on the other hand we have had some wonderful changes in our lives since he entered the Navy. Never mind he is HOT in his uniforms LOL.

So as I looked at all our MOMENTS in the past years, I know that he is truly a very ROMANTIC man. I mean I may not get hugged and kissed and hand held everyday, but his ROMANCE means more to me because I don’t have that stuff everyday. By that I mean I can tell you every time the man has said “I love you” to me, and I can tell you every “mushy” card he has ever given me and every time he’s ever given me flowers…which is pretty regular for Shayne…LOL. I think that the most romantic moment he has given me was the day that he deployed (no not that he left LOL) it was our 14th Anniversary and he was flying out for 8 months. He has NEVER missed our anniversary nor has he NOT given me an AWESOME gift, heck one year the man bought me a dishwasher (yep he rocks). Anyway this year as he walked up to the airport door, he said “hey I left your anniversary in the trunk of my car. See ya soon.” So I said “wait honey what if I can’t do this?” He told me “you can, I believe in you.” So I came home and opened the trunk of his car to find this beautiful solid wood wall clock. I brought it in, and cried because I knew it was because I was gonna “watch the time.” So as I pulled myself together and got up and started picking up the house in pulled the florist van with flowers and a card. On the card the man wrote me a poem:

Watch the Clock
Time will go Fast.
I’ll see you,
When I get back.

Love
Shayne


Now girls if that isn’t ROMANTIC and TRUE love I don’t know what is. He is my hero, and the love of my life, and I miss him when he isn’t here with us. But I do know no matter how WE change as individuals, as a couple, and as a family I know we will still be US…strong and truly in love with each other.

1 comment:

Chaos Mommy said...

I love it! That's so awesome!
I gotta tell ya that this deployment has really brought my husband and I closer. We dont'care about the dumb little stuff that used to annoy us, we just want to be together. He's sent me flowers 4 times since he's been gone! That's more than all of our 6 years of marriage!
You'll do good, watch that clock!