Saturday, June 06, 2009

When life hands you lemons....


...do you make Lemonade? I would rather make a Lemon Shake. I mean it's a LOT sweeter, and always leaves you wanting more. So that's how I have decided to approach my life this week. See Sunday is the OFFICIAL "end of week-end~beginning of week" kind of day.

Last week was TOUGH for me (as ya all saw/read) but I am TRYING. I have decided to NOT PIG OUT today (weigh in day at weight watchers) but to stay w/in my points and get in my water. All of you at WW know that "weigh in" day is cheat day. But not for me today....POSITIVE (check). I am working on my crocheting swap EARLY.....POSITIVE (check). There is only one more week of school left for the kids and although FOOTBALL conditioning will continue taking up TONS of time, I'm ready to spend summer with my kids...POSITIVE (check).

Now any one of these could be LEMONS in my life but ya know what, after the worry, lack of control, and fear I felt for my husband last week....I have decided that this week its all about the LEMON SHAKE. I may rot my teeth out...smiling ear to ear, and even PRETENDING during those BAD moments, but I am gonna do it.

Today I realize that very few people out there will ever understand how I felt last week (thank you all my military friends), but thank you to all of you who TRIED....it means so much to me. Several of my "non-military" friends said that I was strong and that what I am handling amazed them. Ya know what I'm tired of saying "oh its nothing you can do it too." They can do it, and would if they HAD too, but right now I am going to (pat on back here) accept it with grace and say "yep I am strong, and I do have amazing strength." Funny how fearing for your husband in the "EVIL FACE" of DANGER can do that to you. I'm ready to face the week and the world if I have too. But this week I'll be making Lemon Shakes...do you care to join me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Count me in! Lemon shakes all the way ... and I'm going to start with not being bother that my Sailor wont be about for the 20 week scan and wont be with me when I find out the sex of my baby, but turn that round and think how amazing it's going to be when I tell him. I may even come up with a cutie little way of doing it. ;0)