Sunday, June 14, 2009

You Complete Me....

....that's how I feel about my Shayne. He is the "love of my life" my soul mate, my best friend. And for lots of years I truly wondered if he knew it. But some how this deployment, I have had an epiphany on my life. I realized that NO ONE chooses to have 4 kids and stay married for 17 years, and make a life like we have if you don't truly love each other.

Its funny, I have loved him since the day I saw his face, and heard his voice...hell I didn't even know what he was going to college for, I just KNEW he was the man I wanted to spend my life with, and now I am. I wondered how anything else in life could compare to that first moment? But its amazing, that life finds a way to remind you that its precious and amazing, and ever changing, and that love is truly UNLIMITED. I read on a friends blog (sorry I can't remember which one of you BRILLIANT people wrote this) that said love is continuously able to be refilled....and ya know what it's true. Love is truly NEVER ENDING.

While Shayne is gone this time, WE are working hard to get ahead instead of doing EVERYDAY retail therapy (although it was fun) like we did the last time. Deployments SUCK...there is NO OTHER way to say it, but as with ANYTHING in life you have a choice....either make it POSITIVE or be NEGATIVE. I am choosing to be POSITIVE this time.

My husband is my life, and I FINALLY in the deepest part of my heart KNOW I'm his...guess that old adage of "love yourself first and believe in yourself" is true. The moment I made changes in ME and my self-esteem, I could SEE my life....and all the joy in it. So today I just wanted you to know honey that YOU COMPLETE ME....and although right now I HAVE to live with out you, I DON'T WANT to live with out you. You are my hero.

No comments: