Thursday, January 18, 2007

To dance is to Love


Ok I have been pondering how to blog this story, and I think I came up with it. I wanted it to have all the love, and romance that I felt when it happened. So here goes gang:

I hadn't seen my husband in 4 months (exactly to the day) when he flew into Jacksonville, Florida. OMGosh was I nervous, scared, and excited all at once. I mean this is the man I haven't been away from for more than 2 weeks in the 15 years I have known him. What if he changed...I mean I know I have...and what if he was unhappy that I hadn't lost a ton of weight...I wasn't blonde (our little joke LOL). But I drove the 3 hours to get him. He was AMAZING looking when he got off that darn plane. I mean his shirt was so ugly LOL but he was gorgeous.

So we had rented a room (I took care of having my parents and older kids watching the babies) and I was gonna spend 12 hours+ with ONLY him. Yep it was about sex, and talking, and sex, and touching his face. So after a huge hug and some tears, we headed to the hotel. We talked for about an hour, I smoked a cigarette, and he talked some more...then oh yes the long awaited SEX LOL...which was really great. I had missed him so much. Then we showered and went to dinner (Cuban food...can you imagine LOL). At dinner I said what's wrong honey, and he said he missed me so much and loved me, but he couldn't wait to see the kids. Holy shit that wasn't the response I expected, but it was the response. So I said something I can't even imagine I said..."Do you wanna drive down tonight?" What the hell was I thinking? I mean I so didn't want to share him. I mean he's a FANTASTIC father, and it wasn't a jealously thing...I just wanted him to myself. I have been so lonely. But I saw in his face that he was with me, but still missing his kids, and all the sudden I realized we HAD to go, so we paid the bill, paid for the room (yep only 4 hours for $73 but oh well I've wasted more in the past 4 months), and off we went.

All of the sudden at LPGA Blvd in Daytona, he says pull over right now. So I did, and we pulled into the beautiful parking lot (I can't even tell you where it was, but it was so beautiful). And he looked at me and said "I want to dance with you." I was like what the hell are you talking about, this is NOT us. I mean in all the years we've been together, we have danced maybe one time to the village people YMCA...LOL yep in the earlier drinking days LOL. So I shrug him off, and he's like "I want to dance with my wife."

So out of the car I get, he rolls down both the windows, and blares the radio with Stained playing (not something this Country music girl listens to EVER LOL) but as he pulled me close to him and wrapped his big arms around me, I melted, and sobbed and told him I missed him, and he was the strongest man on the face of the planet. I kept saying "I love you, I missed you so much" and all the sudden my big strong man was quiet and said "I missed my family." For 5 minutes I melted into him, and I realized I was safe, and not alone anymore. I KNEW he loved me, and was NEVER leaving me. I was sure of US....for the first time in 4 months I was 100% sure.

He left 4 days later, and no matter how long he is away from me, I will never as long as I live forget how his arms made me feel safe, secure, and sure of us. He is my hero in every single way. He makes me proud to be his wife and his best friend. Thank you honey for EVERYTHING.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is something that is very touching to read. Every woman has or will have that same feeling towards there husbands if they really look inside the box. This is wonderful stuff to read!

Tabby said...

OMG! An inspiration, truly.
I'm in tears here, tears of happiness. Ya know, my father once said to me "Movie love, huh? Doesn't exsist"! I was crushed, i'd seen movie love in real life during the early years of my marriage, but as with so many relationships life takes over or gets in the way and we both forget how much the 'simple' things, gestures can mean.
That dance, that pure loving moment proves movie love does exsist and I can't think of any other woman on the face of the earth that deserved that moment more than you.

Thank you for giving us girls continued hope.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

Anonymous said...

Great journey and experience!