Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Alone on the 50 yard line....



....for those of you who know me or follow any of my blogs, you all know this family is a die hard football family....we count down till training, we live to sit in the rain, and cheer for our kids, the Browns, and the Buckeyes. But tonight I sat alone on the 50 yd line. At Mack's last game I walked in right at kick off...go figure the one in this family always getting there 15 minutes early was driving like a bat out of hell to get there LOL....I miss Shayne. I did however take Freida tonight LOL wonder if he KNEW from that other country he's in LOL. None the less Freida had gas, my van was on empty...besides it needed RUN.

Anyway, I got up in our usual spot, and I felt suddenly all alone. I am so used to him being beside me so I can say "was that call on Mack/Osten (whichever one is playing) was that their hole they got through?" It truly is all the small things (yes you are humming Blink 182 now aren't you LOL).

So enough RAMBLING tonight, I want to tell you what you missed tonight Shayne...you unfortunately missed the best playing I have ever seen out of Mack...it was even better than that undefeated year, where I was sleeping with the coach...LOL yep you big guy. He double teamed every play, he caused 2 fumbles, he almost got a sack, he had to be REMOVED from the field by the REFs LOL...no don't panic he wasn't swearing or fighting LOL he was BLEEDING...are ya jealous now honey? But the best was he walked off, got taped and headed right back out, and the REF was like "nope gotta sit out a play" LOL he was taught well...be proud.

The season ended 4-2...not bad I guess....would be lying if I didn't say I WANTED an undefeated season, but hey I'll share LOL. I missed you tonight, and I so wished you were here, but know that I stepped up and delivered the 1/2 time lecture and the bottle of water...and I even said stuff you would say "do you need stitches? Then get the hell back out there LOL" I did you proud, and Mack, well he did both of us PROUD tonight.

I hope that you know how loved and missed you were tonight. I PROMISE to do my job and yours when JV and HS ball starts this summer. Be safe and be strong.

No comments: