Thursday, November 16, 2006


Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Well that’s an old adage I’m not sure I believe. I mean doesn’t that contradict the one that says “out of site out of mind.” So which one is right? I mean today in the distant recesses of my mind I couldn’t shake the “I’m alone and I miss him horribly, and life will never be the same” feeling…yeah it’s a mouthful but boy was I feeling STRESSED.

So I decided that we needed a NORMAL family outing….OMG 4 kids after school and no nap for the little ones and the LOOP (thanks for the details sis)….then dinner at the Chinese Hog trough (my kids love a good buffet) and then hair cuts, eyebrow waxing, DQ for Blizzards’ (where they put it all, I will NEVER know LOL) and then home for the HOMEWORK marathon. Yep that’s about it….NORMAL with a family of 4 kids…oh yeah forgot to tell you about the mashed in fortune cookies in my 5 month old MINI-VAN…LOL.

Anyway here I sit, trying hard NOT to think or feel bad, but it’s not working. I so can’t call another person whining tonight they will certainly think I lost my flippen mind or that my HAPPY PILLS aren’t working but they are…LOL can you imagine me if they weren’t LOL. So I want to know how this deployment is gonna make me STRONGER, more SECURE in my marriage, more WHATEVER. I mean hell I was secure in my marriage BEFORE this, now I am scared and lonely. Stronger, whatever, I have 4 kids, a husband, a dog and a cat, and possibly a bird soon…yeah stronger that’s what I need to be NOT…LOL. So what is it this is doing for me except filling my mind with doubts and fears? NOTHING…that’s what its doing…all I can do is sit and WATCH the CLOCK (thanks hubby). Oh well such is life, I do however get to see him in exactly 51 days. If anyone knows which one of these old adages are true can ya drop me a line LOL I would like some PROOF that one of them work…hell at this point I don’t even care which one LOL. Happy Thursday everyone.

3 comments:

Tabby said...

Well, absence makes the heart grow fonder is very, very true!
As for out of sight out of mind, it only applies in certain cases. You can never be out of someones mind when you are so obviously in each others hearts.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie - OK, so today I am not the calm voice of experience. I am going crazy too. Wish I had some "happy pills" because I just boo-hooed to my hubby about how I feel so far from him, how I'm worried that the other day I told a coworker "my marriage can't survive another deployment", I'm all jealous of people around him and irritated that I have to tell him to call me (why doesn't he just KNOW these things?!?! Isn't he a f*@#!n' psychic YET?!?!?!?) He comes home in around 3 weeks...but he may not want to!!

As I type this I do have to smile - this is so typical of me.... Strong and independent one day - total basket case the next. I did take some Valerian (herbal valium) and have a batch of garlic smashed potatoes cooking on the stove - if it wasn't nearly 10 PM I'd head to the "Chinese Hog Trough" too - maybe tomorrow....:-) I will get through this...I WILL get through this!

Hugs girl! Tish

Chaos Mommy said...

Ok, here's me, I AM the calm voice of experience. It WILL turn out well. He'll come home with an awesome appreciation for his amazing wife and kids, and you'll know that you never ever want to do this again!