Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Getting ready for Vacation


So the kids and I are heading 11 hours south to my parents house for Thanksgiving. My dad is flying up on Tuesday and driving us down (they are trying to help but I am capable of doing it LOL). So this week I have to pack for Mack to go on his scout camping trip for 3 days, and Saturday I have to get the cat to the vet, the van to the garage for oil change and stuff, drive 30 minutes out of town to see Mack at his scout thingy LOL, and pack for a trip that I know will be worth it but I dread it too. I know that sounds really bad, its not that I don’t want to go, its that I don’t want to go w/o Shayne. My mom and I have struggled over the years to be friends….it’s a really long story, but we are finally on the road to recovery, but she will never get over the hurt and things that happened between us years ago. Anyway my husband is a GREAT buffer between us…I mean he kicks me under the table and reels me in and changes the subject a lot so it will be odd to not have him there. Maybe it’s a test from God this whole deployment and dinner with 30 people at my parents house LOL.

So anyway that leads me into a topic of separation anxiety….LOL. Now we all went through this and believed we were OVER it, but I am here to tell you that I’m not….I officially have SEPERATION ANXIETY LOL. I want him here, and the fact that he is out of my line of site or contact (at my convenience) is too much many days for me. I have a new outlook on the whole just drop the kids off, they will quit crying thing….because I really haven’t. I mean I am better and on the road to NORMAL…or what I affectionately term NORMAL for a deployment family (with 4 kids LOL…and a soon to be 14 year old with an attitude to match…although that’s a topic for another day LOL). I am holding my own, today and just got 3 more months of HAPPY PILLS so I should be NORMAL for a few more months LOL. Only 53 more days till he gets his HANDSOME, SKINNY BUTT off that military hop to come and hold me. Counting days right now but a few more weeks…it will be HOURS. Hope this blog finds you all happy, and healthy, and getting ready for THANKSGIVING in one more week.

2 comments:

Tabby said...

Keep strong honey, you can do it, I know you can.
I'll keep you and your beautiful family in my thoughts and prayers, may you all have a safe journey and a good thanks giving. xx

scrapperjen said...

You'll be fine - I will keep you in my thoughts! Have a safe trip.
HUGS and Happy Thanksgiving!