Thursday, November 30, 2006

Countdown…


…to whatever. I mean we are always counting down to something. For example, the majority of us are counting down the days till Christmas. I am counting down the days till I see Shayne, as well as the days till Christmas, and the days till he comes home permanently. My, oh, my am I a busy little abacus LOL.

Today as I ran my self ragged trying to get all the Christmas decorations up and ready for the EVENTUAL visit of Santa to my house, I found myself with little time to COUNT. So does that me I am NOT counting anymore? Nope, I am still counting, and trying to make time go FASTER. What a hoot, I mean its still 24 hours whether I wish it away or pray that it skips a few DAYS or not. So do your numbers and days run together, get intermixed and confusing? Well mine do but I have them saved on my desktop LOL so that helps.

But when all is said and done, where does the counting leave me? Counting for NO reason? Nope, in the overall scheme of things I think counting is GOOD. I mean we all have dreams, aspirations, and goals right, and in some way shape or form we are COUNTING what we have to do to accomplish those goals. So right now my goal is to see my husband, and to sleep in the same bed with him. Ya know in all the things I truly and deeply miss, it’s him hogging the covers and stealing my pillows. Yeah the sex, or lack there of LOL right now is missed too LOTS, but I so miss just seeing him, and knowing he is real, and loves me.

I find that the closer it gets to the COUNTDOWN ending I am anxious and fearful. What if I did stuff wrong, what if he’s angry I spent a couple thousand dollars (I’m sure frivolously LOL), and maybe, just maybe he won’t want to be overwhelmed with ALL of us when he gets home……hhhhhhmmmmmm that would be sad. I know that at the moment that’s not how he feels but it is food for thought in the dark nights w/o him here.

So count away gang, and get to WHATEVER goal you are aiming for, and know that as you feel like you are slowly losing your minds with the NUMBERS, that someone, somewhere is counting down too, maybe even losing their minds.

No comments: