Monday, November 13, 2006

60 days in....


OMGosh we made it 2 months….60 days (well 64 officially today…bit late in posting LOL) anyway, its been a LONG HAUL. We are 1/3 of the way done. Doesn’t seem like a huge amount of time gone, but it sure feels like it.

Ok, well checkbook is still balanced…no huge issues there. House is straightened up at the moment…4 kids, its moment to moment not daily LOL. And here we are at our SECOND party. Now next month could be a huge party issue since I have a birthday before our 3 month celebration and a birthday after it LOL. Goodness that’s a LOT of cake. But we’ll figure it out. Then I just looked at the dates, and Shayne will be with us on the 6th-9th of January here in the states…yep we will actually be saying good-bye again on the 9th. Do you think the Navy plans it that way…LOL at least it won’t change the PARTY date for the kids and I now will it.


We as a family and as individuals have overcome so much the past few months, that hindsight being what it is I am amazed. I didn’t realize we were all as strong, yet weak, and vulnerable at the same time. I know I appreciate my life so much more than I did 64 days ago. I love my husband and my kids more than I ever knew I did.

So I guess at the moment, everything is running smoothly, and we are getting by, and for any deployed family (especially on the first deployment) that’s all you can expect or ask for. I have been working on my book, wait until my husband reads it. I am pretty proud of myself. I have always wanted to write but never could NAIL down that topic close enough to my heart to spend the time doing it. Finally I did…it’s the Diary of a Navy Wife. Think it might make for some scary reading LOL. We’ll have to wait and see. Hope this blog finds you all well, and happy.

Label: 30 days in...

1 comment:

scrapperjen said...

Hugs and love to you and yours. You are a very strong group and that is will keep you together through this!