Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Countdown to the Holidays


So they are FAST approaching, and this will be the first year I haven’t been with Shayne. Now in the previous blog, I already told you I would be with my family, which is good. But I can’t help but worry, and wonder about my husband. I mean he is alone w/o any of us. I know its just Thanksgiving, but I find it hard to even get ready to be THANKFUL for anything. I miss him….I am even gonna miss cooking dinner for the herd I call a family.

I think he is working on the holiday which isn’t a huge deal; at least he works nights and will sleep the bulk of the day so maybe the MISSING won’t be too bad. I don’t know. I have sent him 11 boxes in the past few weeks to keep him LOOKING in the mail LOL. I don’t know what else to do to help him. Hell I don’t even really know how to help myself. I know I will laugh, and cry next week, and I know my heart will be broken. But the one thing I can think about is that with the passing of Thanksgiving, I will be one HOLIDAY closer to seeing him. I am hoping the month of December flies by…not for all of you, for that I’m sorry, but like my sisters favorite saying goes “it is all about me” and right now that’s how I feel. OMG that was so selfish. Oh well lets see everyone should be selfish once in awhile in their life, and for me that’s this deployment.

I am adding my blogs to my book that I am working on…yep a book. It has truly always been a dream of mine to write, but I’ve been LAZY and unable to find the RIGHT topic for myself…and a few weeks ago I came up with my book, and have been working every free hour I have. So maybe for Thanksgiving I will be thankful for my family, my husband’s safety, and his heroism, my children, and finally striving to reach a goal of mine. Not a bad list, guess I’ll add that I’d be really THANKFUL for the return of all our men and women and PEACE, but for now I’ll just keep hoping and praying for that and keep all of them in my prayers.

1 comment:

Tabby said...

Honey those are wonderful reasons to be thankful!
I don't think you're being selfish, goodness knows anyone in your position would be wishing the same thing without a thought for anyone else!
I do hope this book of yours will be available to read eventually? I'm most curious to have a squiz!