Monday, November 27, 2006

Vacation and home again


Well I can tell you that my week ended up being so much better (great English I know LOL) than I even expected. I spent time with my family, I smiled, I cried, and I talked. My husband called me and I heard him cry on the phone because he missed me so much. Now you’d think that would be so very disheartening, but on one hand it was amazing to hear him so much in love with in me, that it hurt. I cooked with my sister, I shopped with my sister and my mother, I laughed with my brother, and his wife, my skinny Indian sister-in-law finally is ATTEMPTING to stand up to my sister and I.....which as mouthy as we are is not an easy task…but good for her. The drive home yesterday was tough. Not the 11 hours, but it was COMING BACK to REALITY. I mean not that one moment passed w/o thinking of Shayne but coming home meant it was REAL and I had to DEAL again. But I will.

This week he got his hair cut by 23 yr old. Now they are friends and she’s got a boyfriend but last night I had to explain that the issue isn’t cheating with me, that it honestly has NOTHING to do with him. NO it had to do with the fact that I can NEVER be 23, skinny, beautiful again, so it’s all about me…favorite new phrase LOL. I see him in 40 days, and I can’t wait. My dear blog friends, I know her name, and I’ve seen her and she knows he off limits…hell she’s dating a lawyer, do you think she’d risk that salary for a nurse with baggage (4 kids and spousal support if he goes LOL) nope she is safe, but the age thing rocks my damn world…makes me nuts. So I ask for a few week reprieve…to hang out with the other nurses and not her and her bed buddy for awhile. So we’ll see if that helps.

Today I have a new lease on life; I am ready to face the next stage of this deployment. I mean in 2 weeks we will be ½ way done…can you imagine? I can’t believe it’s soon gonna OFFICIALLY be the downhill slide. Anyway I am back to blogging.....so look for tons of new stories as I get the car unpacked, and the house decorated for the holidays. Missed you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!