Sunday, November 12, 2006

What a difference 24 hours makes


I did some massive RETAIL THERAPY yesterday, helped my 11 yr old work on his craftsmen badge requirements by redoing a $16 table from a used furniture store, and talked to my husband and sent the letter. I felt tons better after we talked and he sent me on a SHOPPING mission to start another box for him. Now the man has 11 currently in the mail for him (I rock I know)…he’s not getting them all at once but they’ve been mailed over the past 3 weeks.

Anyway, we talked and we listened, and I smiled tons when we hung up. I mean I have a new lease on life, and I made a big decision. Shayne is flying back into the states on the 6th of January, I am getting a sitter for the kids and going to spend the night with him ALONE. I just want to talk, and see him. I so miss him. Then on the 7th and 8th we'll all be together as a family, than unfortunately on the 9th he goes back. I booked the room, Jacksonville Clarion and I am so excited. It will be sad to see him go back, but its ok, it should only be about 2 or 3 months after that and he should be home for good then.

The thing I found most amazing with our marriage is that we have BAD days together. Maybe it means because we’ve been together so long that we are ONE….cheesy sounding I know but I miss him so much it hurts…but today it doesn’t hurt as bad, maybe its just because in life you can only have so many BAD days before you have to have some GOOD days. Guess that’s a blog for another day. Thanks for reading, and if you’re having a bad day know the sun will come out tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie - That sounds like a great plan, some husband and wife time to be one on one and reconnect. Sometimes spending a day in bed alone is the best therapy! I have always felt the best gift we can give our kids is a good strong marriage - and if that means shucking the kids off on grandma so mommy & daddy can do grown up things together - then so be it!! :-) Hope you have a great week girl! Hang in there sweetie! HUGS! Tish