Sunday, October 08, 2006

30 days in...


Well this family actually made it 1 month since hubby left. There have many, many lonely, sad, and down right miserable days, but we did it…and at the moment the check book balances still.....which is a plus in hubby’s eyes LOL. Anyway I have spent the past month looking for that one thing that would help my kids count down the days without being too taxing on me emotionally. I mean the Kisses every night in a jar was cool, except I have 4 kids do you realize that would be like 840+ pieces of candy…OMG that is a nightmare waiting to happen for a wife on a diet LOL. Then there was the paper chain activity, well it seemed like a great idea, but the thought of having paper all over my house, no, I couldn’t do it, I mean I worked too hard to be a GOOD HOUSEKEEPER LOL. So after a month of thinking about it I came up with an idea. We would celebrate every MONTH we made it without killing each other.

So today I got a cake and 7 candles (this will be an issue if hubby stays longer than 7 months but we’ll worry about that then). We lit 6 of the candles to symbolize the 6 months we have left to MAKE it without our HERO. Then in 30 more days I will buy another cake and we’ll light 5 candles but we’ll leave the 7 to REMIND us how far we’ve come TOGETHER.

So I guess the MORAL of this blog would be to FIND what works for YOU. Whatever it is that helps you as an INDIVIDUAL or as a FAMILY to get though a separation then GO FOR IT…and above all remember to SMILE, it does help.

1 comment:

Chaos Mommy said...

Stef, your kids are so lucky to have such a creative mom to help them get through this. I wish I could think up cool things like that!
Congrats on the one month down and making it through in tact. It only gets easier!