Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Few of my FAVORITE things


Broad title for this blog don’t ya think? Well I wanna talk about a couple FAVORITES of mine. My favorite season is FALL. Why? Well in Ohio the leaves were beautiful, the skies were cold but bright when the sun was out. It ALWAYS felt like football season, and chili for dinner. I love the Fall it is truly the most beautiful time of the year…well depending on where you live I guess. I mean Fall on the North Carolina Coast…um not real exciting, I mean all the leaves don’t change, and 90% of the time the SUN is blazing in the sky…but none the less it is COOLER which makes it FALL and a NICE time here.

My favorite weather is GRAY and RAINY. Oh I love those days, they are the ones we all look forward too…I mean wear jammies all day and watch Lifetime Movie Network, or catch up on our NAPPING LOL. I love the rain. Now in Ohio is RAINED all the damn time so you tended NOT to appreciate it as much as when you GET a BREAK from the SUN here in this state LOL.

What else do I love…hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm oh I love Reese’s peanut butter cups, and Blue Raspberry Slushies, and Hot chocolate with whipped cream. I love Chinese food, and rented movies on a Saturday night. I love my husband and my kids, and my sister, and my friends. I love to shop, and to talk on the phone. I LOVE football (even if it sucks this year). I love Christmas morning…even though it doesn’t last nearly LONG enough for all the time, work, and money you put into it. I love the first snowfall that is wet enough to make snowballs to throw at my kids.

I mean there are so many things in my life that I love, and enjoy. But with out my husband here to do them with it just seems so empty. I mean shopping feels like a TASK…a CHORE….a JOB in my life right now. I can’t wait to see him and have him bitch I’m spending too much money this pay…which we all know he will LOL…. But I don’t care. I can’t wait to watch all the MISERABLY LONG Sunday morning news shows with him. I didn’t realize the little things that I miss so very much with him gone. Some days its hard to REMEMBER to LOOK BEYOND the pain of being LONELY to enjoy the things you LOVE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand completely!! We live on a beautiful island - we have beaches everywhere - but when my husband is gone I HATE IT! I want to move, I want to leave and never come back....and then I realize that the only reason I hate it is because he's NOT here. When he gets home this is our little paradise - all sunsets and cozying up by the fire! Funny how the husbands make every day life so much nicer. Who-da thunk it??

navywife6 said...

isn't that the truth. Wanna kill 'em somedays when they are here, but as soon as they are gone..you can't live w/o them.