Sunday, October 29, 2006

Depression


Well it’s a big, nasty word with tons of reasons. I can honestly say that the time apart is killing me. I am so used to Shayne being here, and it being us…even if I feel like I do all the work LOL. Right now I’d sell my soul to have him here. Yeah that’s a big statement, but I am so completely lost without him. So after 8 weeks, I figure out that I can’t continue crying and being as short fused as I have been ya know. So last week I headed into my doctor who I will tell you is great. It helps he knows my husband because he has no problem calming my fears too. So although I felt very weak have to ask for medication, I did it anyway.

So here I am 5 days into taking these meds, and today I can honestly say I think they might be working. I mean the sheer panic and fear isn’t gone but I have been up for hours now and no tears yet. That in itself would be worth it. I want to feel better, sooner than later I hope. I am following the rules on the meds as they say. At the moment I am still feeling a bit fuzzy and exhausted but I understand that feeling should go away eventually…we’ll see.

What I want to know is how is it possible that a normally strong woman crashes so damn fast. I mean I was so sure that I could do this, that I was never gonna be depressed, or angry. But OMGosh I am so mad, and not at anyone in particular, just damn angry. I want my husband home, I want him here to help me, to calm my fears, to take care of stuff here. I am tired of this being my job, and my job alone. Ok ranting over, I know its my job and will be ONLY my job till he comes home.

Tonight what I want is him safe, and missing me as much as I miss him. I want us to come out of this closer than we were, and a lot more appreciative of each other and the kids. If that happens, then the misery and pain will so be worth it. So as I close tonight, I am wishing on that star outside my window and saying a prayer for my husband, and all those deployed men and women, as well as those of us left alone at home without them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie - I'm so sorry you are having a tough time. You were so wise to ask for help!!! I'm glad that you are starting to come out of it, this feeling will pass - YOU CAN MAKE IT!!! YOU WILL MAKE IT!

Sister, I have been where you are - feeling like half your heart is gone, that nothing will bring your smile back, and the overwhelming tasks that we have to do - day in and day out - are more than our bodies can take. Then, just when you think "Wow, it's been 2 months already!" you come to the crushing reality that there's 5 more months to go. UGH!!! That thought feels like a punch in the stomach...

It's ok that you miss your husband every day - that shows how pure and deep your love is for him. If you love your husband you will take good care of his wife!! Treat yourself to something wonderful, find something that is just for you. Love on those kids extra good today.

Please know I am lifting your family up in prayer today. Take care girl! Hugs - Tish