Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Laundry?


Where does it all come from? I mean there maybe 5 of us here right now but (go with me for a minute here) that’s only 5 outfits and 5 towels a day right (on average). So how in 2 days can I have 6 loads of laundry when we know that 14 towels makes a load. I guess it GROWS. I mean it must. Every week I do ALL the laundry…except for the outfits we are wearing (5 right?). Then the next morning I AMAZINGLY have 3 loads of laundry. Now come on how does it grow? Are the sticking SOMETHING in the laundry detergent that works like MIRACLE-GROW? I can not figure it out.

So today as I folded clothes I LOOKED closely at WHOSE stuff I had. I have taken 4 piles to the boys room. These would be the kids who wouldn’t bathe if I didn’t make them. I mean if they have a 4 day week-end I think they wear the same underwear from Thursday night…yeah I know gross LOL. But my point is how in 2 days can they have 4 PILES of clothes for me to wash, dry, fold and since they are both YOUNGER versions of their dad…probably put the stuff away too. Then as if that wasn’t enough I had 4 PILES of towels…ok I’m not gonna even make an issue here because I am a towel hog, and I hate to have to hang a towel to dry and re use it…so we’ll move beyond the towels. But I have taken 6 piles of clothes to my younger kids room….½ of which I know were CLEAN not once by TWICE already (and even this I can over look as they are 2 and 3 so they think dressing up is fun). I took my piddly pile of clothes to my bedroom….and I have 7 things ( I still have whites to wash so I have more LOL) but 7 items in my room to put away. So reading this, I can guarantee you except for towels, I am the LAUNDRY culprit here. I think that Osten , Mackenzie, and I are coming to a meeting of the minds here. There CAN NOT be this much laundry in this house.

Can you imagine how miserable it would be if we were back in “Laura Ingles Wilder Days” I mean no Maytag to hurry the process along….and those nails we are all trying to grow while hubby is deployed…well they’d be nonexistent now wouldn’t they LOL. So I guess I have a couple options here. I can be Mommy Dearest and rant and rave about the NEVER ENDING pile of LAUNDRY or I can grin and bear it and know that someday their kids will get even with them LOL. I think I’m gonna go with the later one and bide my time and then I’m gonna LMAO. Hope ya all don’t have as much laundry as I did today. Happy Washing gang....I was just looking at my past blogs...um ya think I have some HOUSE CLEANING GUILT setting in LOL. Guess I better get my rear in gear and get to CLEANING.

1 comment:

Chaos Mommy said...

Wow, you're motivated! Wanna come do my laundry? It gets clean, but rarely folded. I hang up the hang up stuff and throw the rest in a laundry basket!
And if you have miracle grow for clothes, I have miracle SHRINK, cause somehow I've managed to shrink most of their new school clothes!