Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Birthday to me

First let me say for all of you following my depression saga, the meds are kicking in. I actually didn’t cry at all yesterday and told hubby he could quit calling every night for 4 minutes to check on me….that I am fine. I am starting to find myself. I didn’t know I was truly as strong as I am. I just have to stay focused. Now on to my amazing birthday presents. OMG my husband rocks. Now this is the 1st official holiday we’ve been apart and the first birthday in 15 years we haven’t celebrated together. But I’m ok. I gave the kids a mental health day from school to stay home and play with me today. Makes the house a bit less empty feeling today.

Last night Shayne called and told me to open my presents he knew it was early but didn’t want me to wait till tonight to open them. So I opened the boxes. In the big one, was a navy jacket, a set of Rustic Elements candlesticks. And in the smaller one was a message in a bottle timeless message. OMG it was so romantic. Below is the message that was inside.

My dearest Stephanie,

Some days seem so filled and so busy
We seem to need more hours in the day
To get it all done

People who mean the most to us
Don’t get a phone call, a card or a visit
That would mean so very much
They aren’t told how very precious they are to us
And they aren't aware
Of just how often they are in our daily thoughts

I don’t want another day to pass
Without telling you how very much I appreciate you
And all that you do
And that I admire and respect you in so many ways.
I never want you to think that I take you for granted.

I love you each day,
Even when I don’t take the time to tell you

Love always
Shayne

So I am surviving the day, I do miss him horribly but I figure that I will be ok. My kids are great we are gonna have a nice day here, and then go trick or treating this evening …then talk to daddy at 8pm. I am stronger than I think I am and this is just a test I know it. So I am gonna keep writing here, keep focused on my weight loss and exercise program, and I am gonna miss him like mad. But I do trust him and believe in him, so that makes it a bit better. Happy Halloween everyone.

2 comments:

scrapperjen said...

Happy B-day to you!!!!!!!! What wonderful gifts - that message made the hair on my neck stand up - beautiful!

I'm visiting from Peggie's blog.
Have a wonderful day!

navywife6 said...

Thank you Jen for visiting. I loved the gifts, and after a week of some miserable moments the message in the bottle was exactly what I needed.

Stephanie