Monday, October 02, 2006

To clean or not to clean?


So here's the deal...Before hubby deployed I had an I'm LAZY phase on my house cleaning (yeah a bit of depression and such...LOL) but the ORIGINAL game plan was to CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN everything as soon as he left. So we're almost a month in and NONE of the HUGE cleaning I wanted to do is done. Sad I know but such is life for me right now I guess.

I think part of the main issue is that there's NO REAL SCHEDULE. I mean except for getting the kids, to school the babies fed, and put down for naps, and the general cleaning, then picking them up from their activities, doing dinner, homework, baths and then bedtime...Where on that list of "DAILIES" is there any time to actually do MAJOR cleaning? There really isn't.

However the point of this blog is to REMIND myself that even though hubby isn't coming home every night that I can't let this place go. I mean my house is an "everything has a place...Put it in it" type of house. But I can tell you the past two days I have been a dog with cleaning. I just DON'T want to do it. No I'm not depressed...I just don't see the need too. Why? Oh yeah there's NO SCHEDULE. Hubby isn't coming home, my kids don't care if all the laundry or dishes are done. However in my "flu/cold sickness" I have going on today I am looking around this house and well, I care. I have 5 or 6 loads of laundry and dishes to do, and a kitchen floor to scrub, and OMG we aren't even gonna discuss the toilets that need cleaned LOL.

So where does that leave me? I gather that the GROWN-UP side of me says to get my lazy rear moving and get this house cleaned. However the I wanna be a "COUCH POTATO" side of me says he won't be home till Spring so that means just SURFACE cleaning...whoo hooo. Guess that being said I gather its time to get on a REAL schedule and get some CLEANING done and be a grown-up. Gosh if that isn't depressing LOL. Till tomorrow everyone get "CLEANING."

No comments: