Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Girls Night out


So since hubby left I have never really taken anytime to just sit and chat and laugh with my girlfriends. Well yesterday my friend Amber and I got on our own little MISSION. We needed to get several things done to our friend Holly’s car to get her on the road. There is a long story behind why we needed to help Holly out but way to much info to discuss on here this AM maybe another day. Anyway I watched Amber's daughter while she did all the running which just ROCKED. I mean anytime I can sit here on my butt and yell from the chair to “STOP doing that” is excellent LOL. So we got the van up and running and road ready (with the help of her oldest son as we aren’t great TIRE CHANGERS LOL). Then we decided that we needed to throw a little party for our friend Holly to celebrate her new job and how well she is doing.

So we had Holly’s son, and his family and Ambers family and the babies and I (my teenagers were sitting at home with take out from Ambers LOL no need for them to interact I guess LOL) all with our own little throw together picnic for dinner (yeah the mess was at Ambers house LOL). Anyway we all ate, and I took the kids home, and Holly’s son left, and then Ambers husband left so what did the girls do? Oh yes, we got together for a GRIPE and LAUGH session. I can tell you I laughed my ass off for 30 minutes with NO KIDS around. OMG are you all jealous now LOL? I miss the hubby, and feel bad having any fun without him but it was a nice break from reality tonight.

So the morale of my rather short blog tonight is to remind us MOMS of couple things: One that Laughter is the BEST medicine for any depressing feelings. And two we all need a couple minutes alone or without kids to REST, REFRESH, and RENERGIZE our hearts and souls.

No comments: